Our HND in Music Performance is much more than a qualification, we view it as a two year work placement where our students benefit from developing a high quality CV and showreel, preparing them for working in the industry or moving on to University.
Delivered in our unique commercial environment, centred around one of Scotland’s most celebrated recording studios, this is the perfect course for those looking to build a successful career as a professional musician.
At a glance our Music Performance students:
- Develop song writing skills and expand their knowledge of recording software and various recording techniques
- Generate high quality recordings and gain the required skills to become a recording or session musician
- Participate in a commercial record release and gain an understanding of promotion
- Network and participate in seminars and workshops with leading industry professionals
- Gain hands on experience at the other side of the mixing desk, accessing the latest music software and equipment
- Cover theory based subjects such as; Income generating organisations (PRS, MCPS, PPL, MU) and legal issues (contractual and copyright law, management, publishing, recording and live performance contracts)
Every single element of the course has been carefully designed and ties directly to industry relatable practices and activities.
Frequent access to our commercial quality production and pre-production facilities, along with the opportunity to collaborate with other like-minded future industry professionals, provides our students with an exciting route into the music industry.
Riverside offers flexible payment options for students wishing to pay fees via our SAAS and non-SAAS funded instalment plans. Eligible students can also apply for living cost support via SAAS, who have a combination of loans, grants and bursaries available. Student loans of up to £6,750.00 and bursaries of £2,000.00 are available depending on individual circumstances. For further details please check the SAAS website. Read More
Practical applications of the Performance course will allow candidates to build their musical skills in group situations, develop a professional stage presence and learn about the practical aspects of performing. Our Performance students also have the opportunity to further develop their playing technique through individual study and one to one sessions with our experienced tutors.
Minimum of One Higher (Band C or above, music is highly desirable) or equivalent plus passes in at least 2 other subjects at NAT 5 or equivalent. Students must demonstrate ability on at least 1 instrument, or voice.
2 Years (HNC can be obtained after 1 academic year) August - June (full time)