Your privacy is important to Riverside Music College. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Riverside Music College collects, and the ways in which Riverside Music College uses that personal information.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Any information that you provide to us by filling out a form on our website, such as a course application, contact form or other enquiry about our services.
- Riverside Music College collects information about students for administrative, academic and health and safety reasons. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (2018), we need your consent to process this information during the application process and while you are a student. The information given on the course application form will be held on computer and you have the right to inspect any record of which you are the subject. (Requests to view manual and computerised files should be made in writing to the College.)
- We collect anonymous data to compile visitor statistics such as how many people have visited our website, what type of technology they are using, what pages users visit when they are on the site etc. This allows us to work to continually improve the experience of users visiting the site. This information does not allow us to personally identify any individual site visitor.
Cookies In Use on This Site
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily Like or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com. You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn't as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won't see adverts, just simply that they won't be tailored to you any longer.
You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including ourselves pay for these adverts. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so called remarketing cookies during your visit. We use these adverts to offer special offers etc to encourage you to come back to our site. Don't worry we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymised. You can opt out of these cookies at anytime as explained above.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
Securing your data
Riverside Music College will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Riverside Music College will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
Riverside Music College is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact Riverside Music College
- by post to Riverside Music College, 28 Field Road, Busby, Glasgow, G76 8SE.